When you look back on your childhood, there are so many things that stand out so vividly. Many of those things are the shows you used to watch. Every Saturday morning you would sit in front of the TV watching hour after hour of cartoons that filled your mind of fantastic worlds and stories. Eventually though the shows would get canceled and replaced by other, newer shows. But in your mind still lay the memories of those great show.
Now over time those memories are forgotten by some and gloried by others. For those that have gloried these shows it eventually comes back to bit you in the butt. I remember the first time I was able to watch some of my favorite shows as a grown up. I was so very excited. Seconds after the showed started my jaw dropped and I couldn't believe what I was watching. It was slow, badly animated, and most of all very dumbed down. My memories were shattered. I then went through withdrawals thinking it was all a sham.
Then an epiphany came to me. It isn't what the cartoon actually is, its what it is in my imagination. And since a child imagination is one of the greatest why take away from that. So the best thing to do is remember of how you thought of those great shows. Embrace them for what you remember of them. Then they remain great and you are able to laugh when things like the following are brought before you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Ahh, the joy of childhood memories revisited. Yes, I know what you're talking about and I stopped trying to revisit those memories through youtube. :D Because I can only take too much shattering.
And quite frankly, I like my imagination, then as a child and now as an "adult." I just wish that I could still have the imagination lense that I had as a child. Then maybe I could bear watching the old stuff now.
Post a Comment